Sunday, December 28, 2014

A Look Back at 2014: May and June

We're making our way through the year pretty swiftly.  I'm enjoying this look back.  I don't usually get a chance to go back and read my blog after it's posted so this has been fun to look through my blog and pick some of my favorites (some months have been more challenging than others, too many favorites).  June was one of those months, we'll get there though.  This card has always been a favorite of mine though,  I love the soft sponging and the embossed greeting on vellum.  There's 3 versions of this card, all different colors.  This one was is my favorite of the 3.  So pretty!  You can read more about this card here

I had to include an MDS page, this one is one of my favorites in our album.  I love black and white photos.  Maybe it's because we don't see them much or maybe it's because they add a softness to the photo, whatever the reason I love them.  I love the bright colors with that black and white photo too.  You can read more about this page here
 

Now we get to June, this month was so hard to choose favorites.  One reason was because this month was one of the three scrapbook weekends that I attended over the year.  This one I did more punch art then ever, this one I did projects that I just adored, there were a lot of posts in June with those projects.  It was really hard to pick.  I decided to go with the letters I made for Logan and Megan. They're hanging on the kids doors right now.  I love them now ever more than I did 6 months ago!  You can read more about Logan's letters here

Megan, I think, didn't understand her letters until she had time to look at them for a while.  It wasn't until they had been on her door for a while that randomly one day she said "Hey Mom that E looks like Elsa, there's Anna!"  I don't think she quite understood it when I first showed them to her, even though we explained it.  She loves them.  I don't know how long these letters will last, after all they're chipboard and cardstock.  I hope, though, that when the kids look back on them they'll have fond memories of them.  You can read more about Megan's letters here
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: