Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Monday, December 15, 2014

Happy Root Beer


I don't remember where this idea started, I know that I've seen it lots of times on Pintrest but this was the MOST adorable idea and I knew that I'd be doing this for a class. When my customers come to a class, usually I have some sort of 'thank you' gift.  Usually it's chocolate in a box, bag something cute.  Sometimes though I have a non-chocolate treat, it's rare but it happens sometimes.  I had a customer appreciation class over the weekend.  This is a free class that I do every December (check my blog tomorrow for the cards they made).  They make 4 cards, they're all very simple and don't take long to complete.  It's a fun break from the busy Decembers we've come to know.  These were the 'thank you' gifts I made for them.  They're way too cute!!


They couldn't be easier to make!  I used brown pipe cleaners for the antlers (you could use any colors for the antlers though).  I just twisted them around the top of the bottle then formed them a little so they looked, a little like antlers.  I found some red rhinestones at a big box store (you could also use red pom pom, red glitter, foam, really anything for the nose).  I used a glue gun to attach the eyes and noses.  So super easy!!  I made 20 of them in no time!
Then you attach a tag, I printed at home and used MDS to make the tag.  I cut them apart, added some bakers twine and tied it around the bottle.  So easy and fun.  The tag reads: "Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Root Beer"  (PS sorry this photo is so dark I had to take pictures on my cell phone at the class since I had forgotton to do it prior!)  
I was able to get 12 tags per sheet.  I have an old, basic, super un-fancy printer, I hardly ever print anything at home, but I needed the tags in a hurry so I tried it, worked great to my surprise!  When you print from home in MDS I like to save my project as a PDF, then open it up and print as a PDF instead of straight from MDS.  I think it's just easier this way. 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: