Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Glimmer Stache


I didn't really understand the whole mustache framelit in the catalog.  I get the whole 'mustache you a question' puns and such but I knew it wasn't for me, nope.  Then the Holiday catalog came out, and the super cute Santa Stache set won me over.  The mustache framelit had been added to my wishlist.  BUT when I used the mustache framelit with the coordinating stamp I didn't like the border that I would get......first world problems I know!  So I usually ended up just hand cutting the mustaches for my nutcracker and Santa cards.  Now I have a mustache framelit and no way to use it......
Then all these Santa's with mustaches started popping up all over Pintrest.  This is another gift card holder from my class last month.  I saw this gift card holder made with the fry box and loved almost everything about it.  The main thing I didn't like was that the gift card partially covered Santa's beard, we're using glimmer paper, I want it all to sparkle not get covered up.  I'll show you how I modified it in a minute.  But for the fry box itself, we just cut the tabs off the back and wrapped the front tabs around to make more of a pouch then a box.  CUTE!!! 
Back to the beard, because I didn't want to hide any of the glimmer paper, I made a 'slider' type addition.  This way the gift card slides right into our fry box pouch and we assembled the beard on the front of it (this picture is showing the back of it, where there's a 'holder' for the card.  This piece of cardstock is simply 2x4, score the bottom at .5 inches and you have a little tab to hold your gift card.  It fit perfectly in the pouch and none of the glimmer paper is hidden :) This also gives you a place to write a note or stamp a greeting.  It's adorable and I love it!  I'll have the last two gift cards to share on Friday, tomorrow is Week 10 of my Christmas Countdown :)
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Super cute gift card holder idea.

Hugs Diane