Friday, December 19, 2014

Glitter Butterfly


When I saw the new Butterfly Thinlits in the new Occasions Catalog I knew that would be included in my first purchase.  I LOVE them!!!!  This is the largest of the 3, there's another beautiful detailed one that's a little smaller and a third one that just a butterfly outline, but coordinates with a gorgeous set.  I didn't use the set today, this butterfly is pretty large and takes up most of the card.  After I cut out the butterfly I covered it in Versa Mark then in Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder.  So pretty, so sparkly!!! 
When you're dealing with intricate dies sticking them to your card can be tricky.  I prefer to use dimensionals on almost everything, but there's really no room to attach dimensionals to this butterfly or other detailed dies.  But I still want the dimension.  So I used a tip that I've seen in a variety of places, I die cut 4 of the butterflies out of Rich Razzleberry cardstock (you could do more or less depending on how thick you want it to be) and stuck them all together.  This gives me the dimension and it makes the butterfly more sturdy.  I just used tombow to stick it all together, you could also use Crystal effects, or even adhesive sheets.
This card is really fun, I cut out the butterfly again in the center of the card, so that it all fits together when it's closed.  It's really pretty and really fun!!  There's not a lot of room for a message but you can always get creative and write around the wings.  It's so pretty and just so sparkly!!!  How can you not love this card!!!!?!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

1 comment: