Thursday, December 11, 2014

12 Weeks Til Christmas Countdown: Week 11


I have a different kind of card for you today (don't worry it still has embossing).  I made a fun shaker card! It's so cute!!  I think in my stamping life I've made a total of 2 shaker cards, that include this one :)  I may be wrong and just don't remember other ones but this one is soooo sweet and I love it!!!  For the snowman's shape I used the circle framelits, I believe I used the 3 smallest ones.  I started with the largest of the 3 and cut it out toward the bottom, then did the middle and the top.  Because the circles overlapped I could only do one at a time, but even though I had to run it through my big shot 3 times it still went quickly.  Then I got to build up my shakers card.  I put a window sheet over the circles I just cut out then dimensionals all around the circles.  This part was a little time consuming.  I did learn a tip after I made this card (of course) to use fun foam to do your shaker cards!!  Brilliant idea.  I'll do that for my next one!!  But the dimensionals worked fine.  Once I had the dimensionals on there I put in my sequins.  I put in a lot, probably more than I should have, there's so many of them, there's not a lot of room for them to 'shake', next time I'll also put in some glitter too.  I don't know why I didn't do glitter!  Stick the back on when your shaker is filled and that part is done!!  It really was simple. 
Then I just had to complete my card.  I stamped and embossed my greeting on velum and wrapped it around my snowman.  Then I added some fun texture along the sides of my card.  I used some washi tape and glimmer paper.  This was a really fun card and I'll make more shaker cards in the future for sure!!!! 
Remember to join me next week for week 12. If you've missed the past weeks click the links below.
Week 5

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: