Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Thursday, October 23, 2014

12 Weeks Til Christmas Countdown: Week 4


Week 4!  Can you believe how quickly these weeks are flying by!!!?!  Today's card is another card I just love!  I was inspired by this card by Martha.  I loved how peaceful this card is with just the little polar bear!  I did change mine up a little though.  I really wanted to 'frame' my bear.  I don't know why but I kept thinking of this card and it always had a silver frame.  So I went with it.  I made the frame by cutting a square that was about 3.5x3.5.  Then using my paper cutter I cut another square out of the center of the square.  The smaller square is about 2.5x2.5.  So I was left with a .5 inch frame.  If you have the square framelits you can do the same thing with the framelits.  I've had a hard time convincing myself that I need the square framelits because I can cut a square, I can cut a square out of a square see where I'm stuck :)
Now we have the frame, we need the polar bear.  I fussy cut him out. I know some people don't like to fussy cut, I actually do!  Weird?  Maybe, but I enjoy it! I used some All Is Calm DSP for the background and just cut some random hills for the polar bear.  To finish the card I added a greeting and some sequins.  It's really lovely in person and I think the frame brings everything together.   

Remember to join me next week for week 5. If you've missed the past weeks click the links below.
Week 3
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: