Thursday, December 18, 2014

12 Week Til Christmas Countdown: Week 12


Here we are at the end of the countdown.  That can only mean one thing.  Christmas is one week away!!!  I think I saved my favorite card for our last week of the countdown.  This card has bright colors and glitter.  What's not to love!!!  This card took the longest to make of all the cards I made, this is one you do not want to make 100 of, but it's fun to make one for someone special.  To start, I cut 5 of each letter in each of the colors.  Then I used my Tombow to glue all but one of the the Melon Mambo M's together, all the Tempting Turquoise E's together....etc.  Why on earth did I do that?? I wanted the letters to pop up but cutting tiny pieces of dimensionals wasn't the best plan.  I know, I've tried dimensionals with these letters before, they work ok, but I knew I that I'd only be sticking down the top part of each letter and I needed something stronger to hold them down.  Stacking the letters gives them the dimension I waanted while also being able to glue them down with the stronger glue.  The last of each of the letters I stuck down with some temporary adhesive on some scrap paper.  Then I covered them with Versamark, Heat and Stick Powder, heated them, then Dazzling Diamonds.  Then they were super sparkly!!!!  LOVE!!!!!  After they were sparkly I wanted the shiny too, I covered them with Crystal Effects.  At this point I had to let them dry for a while.  Once the letters were dry I attached them to the stacks of letters I had done previously.  The pictures don't show how shiny and sparkly these letters are!
The rest of the card was pretty simple.  I stamped snowflakes in coordinating colors and added rhinestones to them.  I added a thin piece of Vanilla cardstock on the bottom of my snowflake piece and covered that in Crystal Effects.  Once that was dry I glued on my letters and finished my card with 'christmas' stamp.  I could have stuck my letters down on that Vanilla piece while the Crystal effects was still wet but didn't think of that :)   I've had lots of fun with the 12 week countdown!  I hope you've enjoyed it too!!!  If you need to look back at any of the past weeks they're all listed below. 
Week 5

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: