Friday, December 5, 2014

Finishing The Gift Cards.


I have the final two gift cards from my class.  I love them both!  This first one could easily be changed to a birthday gift card holder.  I just love this Trim The Tree DSP pack!  We used some Cherry Cobbler cardstock for this one.  I'll be honest I had to dust off my Cherry Cobbler, I really am not a fan of this color.  If I use red, I really much prefer Real Red :)  But this color coordinates perfectly with the DSP so I made it work :)
When you pull up the lid of the box the gift card magically appears, so cute!!!  I found the directions for this one here.  We used the envelope punch board to make the sweet bow on the top and wrapped the box with matching DSP so it all looks seamless :)
Finally, the last one that we made also used the Envelope Punch Board.  I really love this tool!!!  This little box ends up being the perfect size for a gift card.  To make it we started with a 5x5 piece of DSP and punched and scored along the top at 2 and 2 5/8, then turn and punch and score at both score lines all the way around.  I know you're all wondering where I got those measurements, because goodness knows I am not skilled enough in math to figure out where to score to make a perfect box....not this stamper!  I used this tutorial from Sam from Pootles. 
Then you fold and assemble and end up with this,  So cute!!!!  Also can I just point out that I love Real Red and Coastal Cabana together and I'm going to be one super sad stamper when Coastal Cabana leaves us...... :(  There will be plenty of time to be sad about that later :)  Have a great weekend, I'll be back Monday!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: