Monday, December 22, 2014

Crazy About This Set


The new Occasions Catalog is one of those catalogs, where every time you turn the page you're adding more and more to your wishlist.  I know for me, I had a really hard time narrowing my wishist down to an 'affordable' amount to get first.  Dan and I have different ideas of what amount we consider 'affordable' :)  This set and coordinating thinlits was on my list to get right away.  The thinlits I'm referring to is the 'you' on this card, there's also 'thanks' 'happy' and 'hello'.  Then there's a stamp set that coordinates with the thinlits that has just about every greeting you'll ever need!  When you see this card in person you'll see that the card is flat, at least the hearts and the 'you'.  There's no layers on that part.  I cut all the hearts out and the centers out and puzzle pieced them together. Then I glued them all together and cut the 'you' out of it and stuck the 'you' I previously cut in the empty space.  I love this in-laid look.  It's really fun! 
I embossed my greeting in black embossing powder.  After I did the heart and all the inlay work, the white background needed something.....so I pulled out my stencils, this time the circles and I used my Vanilla Smooch Spritz.  It's subtle but it adds just the right amount of sparkle and detail in the white space.:)  We're just days from Christmas, I have 3 more new posts for this week, that will take us through Christmas.  Then I'll be taking a break for rest of the year.  I still will have posts everyday through December 31, including Saturday and Sunday, I'll be taking a look back at some of my favorite projects for the year. If you're a follower of my blog, you may have already seen them all but it's a fun look back.  I hope you still check out my blog :)  
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: