Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Glitter Thanks


You know that days I work with glitter are good days.  This card was a very good day :)  I usually try to keep the glitter contained at least on my desk, I guess I haven't been doing as good of a job at that as I thought.  Megan got her haircut over the weekend and the hair dresser asked Megan if she had been helping me decorate for Christmas because there was glitter in her hair.......ya that's not from Christmas decorations :)  Glitter, like dimensional backings, just have a mind of their own and are found pretty much everywhere in our house :)  Back to the card though, these thinlits as well as the new butterfly ones in the Occasions Catalog are so much fun to work with, but they don't have a lot of room to adhere them down.  So I've been working with different ways to get them to stick.  I remember a long time ago I saw a video that used the adhesive sheets to stick intricate dies down.  That's a great idea and worked great!!  I stuck one side down to the cardstock and the other side I covered in glitter, because why not???
After the words were stuck down on the cardstock I covered it with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  THE BEST GLITTER!  It's so fine and soooo sparkly.  It works great for this!  I used my bone folder to really rub the glitter into the adhesive sheet.  After it was covered in glitter, the 'thanks' wasn't standing out as well as I wanted it to, so I pulled out my blendabilities, (this was another technique that I've seen in videos only with different markers) so I thought I'd give it a try.  I've colored on our glimmer paper, BUT the glimmer paper is so rough that it tears up the tips of your blendabilites easily.  Not good, so I was a little more careful with this.  After coloring the T, I knew my blendabilites would be just fine!  Because the Dazzling Diamonds is so fine and stuck so well to the adhesive sheet it was a nice smooth texture, no damage to my markers at all!  No glitter stuck on my markers either!  I think I just found a technique that I'll use for every. single. thinlit. I. own.  If you were in a 5 mile radius of my house, you probably heard the cries of joy!  Glitter in all colors, that's going to happen. Watch out 2015 it's going to be a SPARKLY YEAR!  This technique was really fun and really this card really didn't take long at all to make!  So much fun!!!   
 
Thanks for looking see you soon!!!!!

No comments: