Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Ghirardelli Holder

It's day 2 of my 12 Days of Christmas! I have a really cute Ghirardelli chocolate holder. This would be a great stocking stuffer. You can modify this project to fit tea bags or any other candy or goodie. I've seen variations of these all over and I think they're super cute so I wanted to make my own.
So to get started, you'll need DSP that is 6 1/2 x 5. Score it down the center at 3 1/4. You'll also need sticky strip and linen thread or ribbon and some candy!


To get started, run a strip of sticky strip along the top of your DSP. Lay your chocolates on the DSP one on each side of your score line.

Fold the DSP around the chocolates and seal with sticky strip. Don't make it too tight. You want it snug but you also want to be able to slide your chocolates in and out easily.


Fold it in half at the score line.



Punch or pierce 2 holes along the score line.




Tie it with some linen thread.




I used my rubons to decorate the inside. These rubons are from the Old Saint Nick collection from last year BUT you can still get them online at my demonstrator website in the clearance section!


Slide your chocolates in, one on each side.


Wrap a piece of cardstock around the package, this one is 1x11. I slid mine under the linen thread and tied it together on the side with some ribbon.
I hope you liked it. I'll be back tomorrow for day 3.
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So far this is my favorite, because it is something I would actually do. I like the Noel's but I do not have a big shot, only the regular sizzix, so I do not have the die to make them. Thanks for the insperation.

Laura Dunning