Thursday, December 10, 2009

Another Dasher

It's day 10!! I've said it before but I'm having a great time! I'm so pleased to show you this card! This is one of the Christmas cards that I'm sending out this year. I thought I had my cards done but then when I checked I realized I was about 13 cards short so I made this card to make up for that 13. I'm actually a little bummed that I didn't come up with this soon because I love it and would have loved to make all my cards like this! This card reminded me how much I love embossing. I have tons of embossing powder and I love the look of it, but when I go to make a card it's not always the first thing I reach for. But I love it!

This card was actually an accident but I loved the look of it, I did it on all my cards. What I'm talking about is the gold specs of EP on the brocade. The first one I made I stamped the brocade in Sahara Sand then stamped Dasher in Versamark, poured the embossing powder over and some of the EP stuck to the Sahara Sand. At first I thought, "Oh why didn't you use your embossing buddy or stamp the brocade after embossing?" But then I looked at it and I really liked the look of the speckles so I left it and did it on all my cards. Every one is different and they all look great!

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Friends 24/7, Dasher
Cardstock: Taken with Teal, Brushed Gold, White, Merry Moments DSP
Ink: Versamark, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Gold EP, Heat Tool, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow for day 11!

No comments: