Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dasher

It's day 3 of my 12 days of Christmas!

This one is really pretty and I'm glad I got it. This is the Dasher decor element that's available as a hostess reward in the Definitely Decorative catalog. My original plan was to put him in a frame but it was a lot bigger than I expected. So I decided for now I'll put him on our pantry door in the kitchen. I'll probably get another one and save it until next year and hopefully by then I'll have gotten around to finding a larger frame for him. But I just knew I wasn't going to have time to get to that this season and I really wanted to show him off this year!


The ground that he's on is actually the left over pieces I had from the level 3 birdcage. YES I saved those little scraps and I'm so glad I did. Now he's not a floating reindeer. He looks great in person!
On another note. I just had to share this with you. I made cinnamon raisin bread last weekend and it came out sooooo good I had to take pictures of it!
Doesn't it look yummy!!! We turned it into cinnamon raisin french toast!
YUM!!
NOTE: (added 12/4) The recipe for the bread is actually from the better homes and gardens cookbook (the red and white checkered one). I used the cinnamon roll recipe and made one loaf of bread and about 9-10 cinnamon rolls. Here's the recipe, except I used brown sugar for my filling instead of granulated sugar.
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

alifefullofpassion said...

Yummm! it looks so good, would you mind sharing the recipe?
thanks