Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Emerging Color

Today for Tutorial Tuesday I'm going to use some new stuff!!! Finally! I'm so glad I'm finally getting a chance to stamp with my new stuff!! Today I'm going to show you a different style of embossing resist. To do this one, you'll need clear embossing powder, versa mark, a bold image stamp set, a brayer, a darker classic ink and some DSP or cardstock that you've already stamped.

Stamp and emboss your bold image stamp. For this I'm using the Cottage Wall DSP and the new butterfly single stamp from the mini. Called Butterfly Accents. It's under $10 and so pretty and I can't wait to show you more techniques with it!


Use your brayer and ink and brayer all over your paper. The embossed areas will resist the ink. Keep going until it's your desired look.



Once you've gotten the look you want use a tissue, or swiffer cloth, or any cloth and 'buff' the embossed surfaces. Doing this will take off any ink that on them and let your DSP shine through!
Isn't is already so pretty! Attach it to your card.


That border punch is one of the Sale-a-Bration items you can earn!! Is that awesome or what? And the black satin ribbon---so pretty!!
The greeting is from one of the new stamp sets from the new mini called Vintage Vogue.


I hope you liked today's technique and have fun with it!
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!

No comments: