Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Kissing

Today I'm going to show you a really fun technique-kissing. Our stamps are going to kiss and make a beautiful card! I'm using 2 of the new stamps in the new mini catalog-that's only 1 week away!!! I'm so excited, I know you'll love this mini catalog!
To do the kissing technique you'll need a solid image stamp, I'm using the Butterfly Accent stamp from the mini. And you'll need a more detailed image. I'm using, the flowers and vines from Vintage Vogue also from the mini. You'll also need 2 ink pads light and dark shades. This one I'm using Blush Blossom and Melon Mambo. I think those 2 colors are soooo pretty together! So let's get started!!

To start you'll ink up your solid image stamp in the lighter color.

Then ink up your detailed image with the darker color (I'm not using SU blocks, still don't have mine-I only have this really big one which is not great for smaller stamps-so make sure you use the right size block if you're using clear mount sets! Mine should be here soon!). So you'll ink up your detailed image and KISS the solid image with it. Cute huh!



It's a little difficult to tell but you can see the darker Melon Mambo on there. Stamp that on your cardstock....
Isn't that amazing! You can customize your stamp any way you want now. Truth be told, the real reason I got the butterfly stamp was to do this technique! Way cool huh!!!


Here's the finished card, just needs a greeting. I didn't add one because I'm not sure what I'll use this for yet. Would make a great birthday or thank you card.


I curled the wings a little so that it wasn't so flat. Isn't it pretty! I am loving this butterfly!


Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: