Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Billboard Christmas

I can't wait for tonight! I look forward to this day every year. I just love it!! Tonight is our demonstrator Christmas party!!! We do a hand stamped gift exchange and I LOVE seeing what everyone brings. I am part of a group that has some of the most talented stampers!! I'll have highlights, PLUS my gift that I took to the party on Saturday so check back then! Check back tomorrow too, I'm still going to have a great card to show you :)

Today's card was inspired by a billboard in Albuquerque. I've passed it a few times and every time I do I say to myself, "Self, that would make a great card!!!" :) The billboard is actually advertising a funeral home. But it's a really pretty bill board and makes and awesome card. For those of you that live in the Albuquerque area, the bill board is on east bound I-40 right before you get to the Big I. Any way, I wish I had a picture of the billboard to show you, but I never had my camera with me when I passed it and I don't think it would have been too safe for me to snap a picture of it going 65 MPH down the interstate. Well let's be honest, the speed limit is 65, I'm usually going a tad faster :)

The billboard is a deep purple, like our Elegant Eggplant and it has rolling snow drifts and a white tree on the side, much like this card!!!
I used my Chit Chat rub ons for the greeting. I just love it. It's so elegant and simple and pretty! The tree is embossed so it adds extra texture. Plus doesn't everything look better embossed.
When I showed this card to Dan I asked him if it looked familiar. He said no, of course. Then I told him it should look like a billboard, that he passes EVERY DAY! Still no. Then I told him exactly where the billboard is and still nothing. MEN!!!! Geez!! Guess they just don't know where to find inspiration!!!
Well I'm off to get ready for the par-tay tonight!! I can't wait!!!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Lovely as a Tree, Serene Snowflakes,
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Dimensionals, Chit Chat Rubons, White EP, Heat Tool
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!!

No comments: