Monday, December 14, 2009

Logan's card challenge

Thanks to everyone who left a post during my 12 days! I had random.org draw pick a number and I'm happy to announce that the winner of the Patterned Pines set and Shimmer paint is comment number 7 left by Cynthia Davis! Congratulations!! I had a great time doing the 12 days and I hope you got a few ideas for some fun projects this year!!

I know that it's officially the 2nd Monday of the month but Logan's still been stamping and so I still wanted to show you his work! He made a couple thank you cards. With a little bit of Mom's help this time.
For the stamps, we used markers and Logan colored the birds and I colored that branch. Logan did not color it this neatly. The wonderful thing about stamps is that if you get it on any other part of the rubber you can use a baby wipe to clean it up. In this case the marker ended up on my wood part of the stamp too :) But that's ok. And a tip when using markers to color you image, start with the lightest colors first, you can go over lighter colors with darker colors but you can't go over darker colors with lighter colors. Just a fun quick tip for you! So Logan colored the birds and stamped them. He sponged them, and I tore the cardstock for him.


Didn't he do a good job? He's getting so good and he loves to do it!!
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Friends 24/7
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay
Ink: Sahara Sand and Soft Suede pads, Soft Suede, Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay markers
Accessories: Sponges, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow for Tutorial Tuesday!

No comments: