Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Silver Dasher

Welcome to Day 9! I can't believe we only have 3 more days left!! I'm having a great time, I hope you are too! We've been having some funky weather the past week or so. The weekend was soooo cold. I think Friday we hit record lows, like 12 degrees. I think the news said one place was -20, brrrrrr! Then yesterday we had a snow storm in the morning. Didn't leave much snow at my house but parts of New Mexico were in blizzard warnings. YUCK! But by 8am the sun was starting to come out and the snow is all gone now. It didn't leave enough to play in anyway. But today I'm supposed to get my order from SU with some brand new stuff in it!! The new mini catalog will be released in January and I got to preorder some stuff and it's coming today!! I'm so excited!! Can we say-clear mounted stamps!! New punch designs!! New DSP!! I can't wait. I'll have samples to show you soon! By the way Sale-a-Bration starts in January too, now's the time to book that Sale-a-Bration workshop to get all the free stuff!! AND this year you have MORE stuff then ever to get FREE!!!!! Oh, it's going to be soooo much fun!!! Ok are you ready for today's project?

I have loved every card that I've made using the Dasher stamp. You just can't go wrong with it. And for under $10 it's such a bargain!

This card was made by some young girls at my church. I was asked by the Junior Daughters of the King group to come to their meeting this month and help them make Christmas cards for the shut in's at our church or members who can't leave their current residence for various reasons. The girls did a great job making them and we all had a great time. The great thing about this card is that while it looks fancy and looks like it too a long time to make it's really quite simple. Dasher is embossed in silver embossing powder. Run the cardstock through the big shot add a little adhesive and some ribbon and you're done!

I just love this one! The embossed petals on the card were lightly sanded with a sanding block to dull the shine a little and make them really pop!

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Four the Holidays, Dasher
Cardstock: Brushed Silver, White, Real Red
Ink: Basic Gray, Versa Mark
Accessories: Silver Brads, Red Ribbon, Big Shot, Petal a Plenty embossing folder, Silver EP, dimensionals

Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow for day 10!!

No comments: