Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Hat Pin Ribbon Ornaments

It's Tutorial Tuesday and day 8 of my 12 days! I hope you love this project as much as I love it! I'm making a bunch of these for gifts this year. They make awesome stocking stuffers or small gifts for anyone and your kids can probably make them too for grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends or anyone(with supervision, the hat pins are sharp). Ok I'm getting way to carried away. This is one version of the ornaments. I'm going to show you a similar one but with 2 ribbons. It's gonna look awesome!!


Isn't it just so cool!? You'll need your pretties kit and some ribbon for this. The one I'm making I'm using burgundy and olive grosgrain ribbon.



You can layer your ornaments any way you choose, I'm going to show you how I like to do them then you can customize them any way you want. To start sting a pearl and your ribbon on your hat pin.

Fold your ribbon over to make a loop then string it on your hat pin again.



Follow that with another pearl, loop the ribbon, pearl, ribbon, pearl, ribbon, get the idea.


Finish it off with a pearl and a crystal one and put the bottom back on the hat pin. Use some silver cord and tie it to the loop at the top of the hat pin to hang it on the tree.


Then just separate the ribbon from each loop so that each color shows. This is where you just play with it until you get the look you want.


Isn't that awesome. I just love these!!
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow for day 9!

No comments: