Friday, July 31, 2009

Poppin' Pastels

Last night was our demonstrator meeting. Check back tomorrow and I'll have the swaps from the meeting to show you. This was supposed to be my 3-minute demo but at the last minute I changed it (no joke, just hours before the meeting I changed it). I saw this other project online and liked it so much that I had to share it. Because it was done last minute I didn't get a picture of it. But I'm going to make another one and show you, because it's just soooo cool. It will be a while before I can show you though. Currently I have my post scheduled through August 7th or 8th. But keep checking back I'll make sure to show you.
Even though I didn't show this for my 3 minute demo it's still an awesome card. I was going to show 2 techniques in my demo. The first one is a variation on Poppin' Pastels. It's a great technique. Stamp your image in versa mark then use your pastels to pounce on the image and where the versa mark is the pastels will stick. But instead of doing it on cardstock, I did poppin pastels on our grosgrain ribbon. So cool. This is the burgundy ribbon with black chalk on it.
For my second technique I wanted to showe how you can dye our corduroy brads to any color! This technique works best with the kraft ones. I only had pumpkin pie on hand and it worked with those too-as long as you're going darker. I've seen a few different ways to do it but I like this way best. To dye the brads, use your aqua painter and get the brad really wet then use your aqua painter and some reinker of the color you want to change your brad to and 'paint' the brad. Then use a paper towel and dab the excess ink off. Then go over it again with the reinker and aqua painter, dab again with the paper towel and continue until you get your desired color. I did the burgundy ones 3 times. I think that dabbing the excess off you get a more true to color look. I tried without dabbing and the brad looked black. So that's how I like to do it. Here's the card I put them both on.
Wow that's a really long post, I bet you're ready to see the project now huh?



Both techniques together-isn't that awesome!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Greenhouse Garden (again)
Cardstock: White, Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive
Ink: Perfect Plum, Bravo Burgundy, Versa Mark pads, Bravo Burgundy reinker
Accessories: Chit Chat Rubons, Burgundy ribbon, Pastels, Scallop Border Punch, Corduroy Brads, Aqua Painter, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

These techniques are really cool! Your card is beautiful. Did you really use perfect plum ink? It looks like pale plum (for the lighter color of the flower).