Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cards for Lisa

Welcome to another Thursday, is it me or does the year seem to be moving way to fast! I leave for convention in less than a month. I'm so excited but also not near as ready as I should be. Fortunately I don't have any swaps to do. Well I am doing a special shoebox swap with my sidelines and other invited guests while there. So I guess I need to prepare those. But I'm not taking any swaps to swap. The first year I went to convention I took almost 200 swaps. I got great cards back too. I had a great time swapping and I love swapping cards. I choose not to do swaps this year because I have sooo many cards already and running out of storage room for them. And I participate in a couple quarterly/monthly special swaps so I feel that with those I'll have plenty of cards and I can always take a picture if I see one I really love. Swapping at convention is like nothing I've ever experienced. I remember one year we were in line for check-in and people were swapping over my head and all around. It was so much fun. I also love the people who spend so much time and mass produce like 10 different designs then sit on the floor and lay them out. It reminds me of the Native American markets we have in Albuquerque. If you go to Old Town they sit on the ground and lay out all their handmade jewelry and belts and so much more. And you shop and I'm always reminded of that when I see people at convention sitting on the floor with their cards in front of them. Such fun times. I can't wait to go in a few weeks!!! I haven't been to convention since 2005, so I'm really looking forward to it!! Oh my goodness look at me going on and on and on.

I'm sure you want to see today's card right? Logan and I go to church every Thursday. I go to a Mom's group and Logan goes to play in the nursery. Lisa works at the church. She is one of the nicest and caring people I know. She is so funny too. Logan adores her. We get there early on Thursdays to chat with her and Logan plays game and looks at pictures with her on her computer. He birthday is this weekend so we made some birthday cards for her.

Here's mine. I've used this layout alot, I just love the layout of this card. And it seems to be my go-to layout when I'm in a rut.

I used chipboard and some of our new Razzleberry Lemonade DSP to cover it. I love the Melon Mambo. I think it's my favorite in color. On the inside cover I embossed my greeting. The you can open the Melon Mambo card and write your message on the inside. I also stamped the flower background from the Sprinkles set in versa mark all over. Though it's really hard to tell in the pictures.


Logan also made a card for Lisa. He really wanted to use the bear stamp from Under the Stars and so we made him holding some balloons from the Crazy for Cupcakes set. Inspired by this card from Splitcoast. He colored the bear and balloons and did all the sponging and gluing. I cut the bear and balloons out for him. He is turning into quite the little stamper!


Supplies: (my card)
Stamp Sets: Full of Life, Sprinkles
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, White
Ink: Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Versa Mark
Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Dimensionals, Chipboard, Tombow Multi glue, Melon Mambo Polka Dot Ribbon, Horizontal Slot Punch, White EP, Heat Tool
Supplies: (Logan's card)
Stamp Sets: Under the Stars, Crazy for Cupcakes
Cardstock: White, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery pads, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Black Markers
Accessories: dimensionals, sponge daubers
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Cindy Major said...

I love the fold on your first card! So unique!