Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Jumbo Paper Clip Bookmark

Before we get to the tutorial here's something fun. While my sister was visiting last week she went to Walgreens and found these two bottles of nail polish. She got them just because she thought they were pretty, when I saw here wearing them I said "Hey those are the new In Colors!" They're so close in colors, it's almost a perfect match.

The Melon Mambo one is Wet and Wild #454D called Lavender Creme (no clue why lavender but that's what the bottle said-go figure).

The Bermuda Bay one is #446C called Caribbean Frost. So if you want to wear the new in colors, head on down to Walgreens and pick up a bottle or two!
For the tutorial today, I'm going to show you how to make a bookmark with a jumbo paperclip. I'm using chipboard and the cute hippo from the Pun Fun set. I've already colored and cut out my hippo and covered my chipboard with DSP. You'll also need alot of dimensionals.


Assemble the top decorative part of your bookmark. I just used dimensionals and attached my hippo to one of the stars.



Then place your jumbo paper clip on the back, bottom of the image you just decorated. Cover with dimensionals. Make sure to put plenty of dimensionals on the inside of your paper clip loop to hold it in place. I didn't do this on mine but I suggest on yours you also put dimensionals around the top of the loop around your paper clip. My star on my paper clip rock back and forth slightly because there's nothing anchoring it down. I also stacked my dimensionals 2 high to be deep enough for my paper clip.




Attach the other star on the back and you're done. Super simple.


Place it in your book to hold your spot!

Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: