Thursday, July 30, 2009

Swap

Our meeting is tonight. I just got my swap done. Whew, I was beginning to worry it wasn't going to get done. The theme this month is new In Colors, which limits me to only 6 colors to choose from. Then I knew that I wanted to use the Thoroughly Modern DSP so then the colors I would use were chosen for me. Bermuda Bay and Soft Suede. But for some reason I had major trouble coming up with a design and layout. So where did I turn? The catalog of course. This card is a copy of one of the catalog samples. The card that I copied is on page 95 of the catalog. It's the card that uses Melon Mambo. I changed the stamp set, colors and where the ribbon is. The sample in the catalog gave me a great start and I turned that into a great card! Don't you just love our catalog for that very reason. So many samples and so many ideas!

For my card, I used the Inspired by Nature Set and embossed it with Clear EP on Bermuda Bay cardstock. The DSP is so nice and I love that ribbon! Check back this weekend and I'll have my swaps from the meeting!

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Inspired By Nature and A Little Birthday Cheer
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Thoroughly Modern DSP
Ink: Soft Suede and Versa Mark
Accessories: Clear EP, Heat Tool, Scallop Border punch, dimensionals, Bermuda Bay ribbon

Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: