Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Simple Pop Up Card

I'm so excited to show you this card today it's super easy and I just love it. My upline Amber did this type of card for a swap a couple months ago and I've been waiting to do it. So let's just get started. I've already pre-stamped and assembled the front of the card. I'm using the new Greenhouse Garden stamp set. I stamped the base of the flower in Lavender Lace then I used Lovely Lilac Craft ink and stamped the detail and then embossed it in clear embossing powder to give it extra dimension and shine! It looks A-MA-ZING in person. You'll also need a piece of cardstock for the inside of your card. I'm using white that measures 8x5.25 score in half at 4. You'll also need a word window punch. The rest I'll explain as we go.


First, you're going to punch a word window on each side of the white cardstock, making sure the score line runs through the center of the punch.





After you have your two windows punched, you'll need a ruler and a bone folder or what ever you use to score with, and score one line on the top and one on the bottom of the word window punches connecting the two punches. See picture above.




Then you're going to fold on all your score lines as shown above.



Glue to the base of your card.




I needed a bigger base to assemble my flowers so I glued a 1.75x1.75 piece of cardstock on the part that pops up on the card. This step is not necessary especially if you have a smaller image to glue. After I got that piece in then I just added all the flowers that I cut out for the card.







The card will fold flat to mail then pop out every time! Isn't that great! I just love it! I showed it to Dan when I was done and he liked it too! He also noted that "I should make a card like this with the bear stamp" Or he can just read this and make one by himself right?
Here's what the front looks like.

Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

4 comments:

JBassem said...

So lovely.
And easy!!
I'll have to get the word window punch to make this pop-up card.
It packs a lot of wow too.
It would be easy for a workshop or class too!
Thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial. I can't wait to try this:)

Anonymous said...

Love this card!! Thanks for the tut. It makes it all make sense to me now. I am off to case this card Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! So simple!!
thanks for sharing this!!