Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth

Happy Fourth of July! If you're not American, I hope you still like the card and still spend today doing something fun! We haven't done anything huge in a couple of years for the 4th of July. Until just recently Logan has been terrified of loud noises so we ruled out all public fireworks displays. I'm not sure we did anything the year I was pregnant with him. I would have been 8 months pregnant on the 4th of July and if you've ever been pregnant in then summer-oh it's torture. I was so hot all the time. So I'm pretty sure that year we didn't do anything outside, that may have been the year we started our Red Robin tradition. Hmmm. Anyway, our Red Robin tradition is simply that we go out to dinner at Red Robin. We don't go often there but we go every 4th of July for some American hamburgers, milkshakes and fries. They have all you can eat fries too so Dan love it. We may go to my parents house after dinner, my other sister is in town visiting and my Dad is going to shoot off some fireworks at their house. I don't think we've really decided what we're doing. I hope you're fourth celebrations are so much fun and spent with those that you care about!
On to to the card for today. It's very patriotic and I really love it! The 4 is a chipboard number that I just covered with cardstock. I have to say too, I'm actually quite please with the 4, it came out just as I had envisioned it and I cut it out pretty straight. I used my hobby blade to cut it out, I usually use my paper snips since I can't even draw a straight line much less one with a hobby blade. So I was a little worried. But it came out just fine! As I started to assemble the card I did mount it on black so that it would show up and the red stripes wouldn't be lost among the red background.

I really like it and I think it will be one to display in my room. I don't display all my cards, just the ones I really love and I think this is one of them!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Happy Everything
Cardstock: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, White, Black
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Small and Large Star Punches, chipboard number, dimensionals, hobby blade, tombow multi glue
Thanks for looking, have a great 4th of July and I'll see you Monday!--I do have a first Monday of the Month card challenge this time! YEAH! Check on Monday for it!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love your Red Robin for the 4th tradition. It is a grat idea. Also, your card is so bright and cheerful- very good one.