Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Rose For You

Have you had a chance to see the new catalog? If not you can see it here. Ordering began yesterday. I'm waiting to place my first order on July 11 after my new catalog class. But I have a huge wishlist. I probably won't be able to get all of it now, actually I KNOW I won't be able to get all of it now. So now it's just a matter of narrowing it down to the things I really really want instead of the things I just really want. I'm sure you're all in the same boat.
Today's card is a really fun card. The directions for it are in the July Stampin' Success. That's a magazine that is sent to demonstrators every month, just another perk of being a demonstrator. And if you're interested in signing up, there will be an $85 starter kit special starting July 15! More info on that coming soon!
This is the outside of the card, nothing fancy really simple and classy.
Here's how the card folds up. It looks confusing but it's not.

This is the inside, so pretty and fun. How adorable would this type of card be for a baby announcement or what about a wedding announcement. You could put a picture on one side and the greeting on the other. This is the type of card, when you send it, the person you send it to keeps it displayed for a long time. It's just so cool, and gets a 'WOW' out of everyone who sees it. And it's pretty easy to make. If you're interested in learning how to make this card. Leave me a comment on this post and I'll do a tutorial on it.


Here's some close ups of the inside.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: A Rose is a Rose, Wings of Friendship
Cardstock: Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Regal Rose, White, Glossy White, Rose Red
Ink: Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Regal Rose, Rose Red
Accessories: Stamp a ma Jig, Large Oval, Designer Label and 1 3/8 inch circle punches, Big Shot, Textured plates, paper snips, dimensionals, Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to know how to make this. It would be great for my son's birthday invites. Thanks for sharing.
Aron C.

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! A turorial would be great.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! A tutorial would be very much appreciated! Thank you for sharing your ideas.

rebecca said...

thanks for sharing this...I couldn't figure out how to attach the piece to the side with the fold...you will know what i am talking about...this is so cute...now I need to finish the one I started...

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a tutorial on this card. It's beautiful!!!

Angela said...

PLEASE DO!

Lisa said...

I would also love to see how you did it. I love this set, and your card just makes me love it more!

Judi Sparks said...

A beautiful card and I just got that set with my Sale-a-bration bonus. I would love to see the tutorial so I could Case you. Thanks!