Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sweet Birthday!

It is indeed a sweet birthday if this is the card you receive.  This card came out so much better than I envisioned it-don't you love it when that happens!!!  I used my markers and colored the ice cream cone.  I stamped it 3 times and cut out each piece and adhered it to the card.  The borders in the background are randomly stamped-really randomly, there is no rhyme or reason to it.  I embossed it with the cherry scented embossing powder so that the card smells nice and sweet! 

My favorite part of this card is the scalloped border.  I used the new edgelets in the Occasions Mini. If you haven't used them YOU MUST. They're so great.  I LOVE THEM and will no doubt be using them all the time, so prepare yourself to see them frequently :)  It looked ok with the border flat but I thought it needed some extra ruffles, so I crumpled up the edges then gently separated the cardstock.  So it looks like there's 2 layers of scallops but it's one piece of cardstock!  So cool!!  So fun!!! I spent alot of time stamping yesterday-for fun!!  I think my stamping mojo is coming back after Christmas vacation and I'm excited to show you all the stuff I've done lately!!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: