Friday, January 20, 2012

Gifts!

Today, finally I will show you the gift I made for roommates and friends at Leadership.  I made one for each of my roommates and a few more for a few more friends that I met up with there.  I hope everyone liked them.  I was going to do something completely different, then had this idea and I'm so glad I went with this idea!!!  I made them using a variety of SU fabric.  After I made some with the Spice Cake fabric I was filled with panic!  It was in the mini catalog, it's not current anymore!!!!  But fortunately for me, it's on the carry over flyer and so it's still current-whew!!!!

I'm sure you're looking at them going, cute but what are they?  The flowers are little pins that you can stick to your clothes, a bag, an apron, etc.  The little frames are pin cushions!  Aren't they cute!!!!!?!  These little frame pin cushions are everywhere and catching on quick.  They're so easy to make!  I used the cardboard that came with the frame, trimmed it slightly. Stuck batting on the front, covered it with fabric and secured it on the back with a glue gun.  Just stick it back in the frame, stick the back of the frame on and you're done!  EASY!!! 

I have to say that my favorite is either the one with the Beau Chateau fabric or the ones with the Spice Cake fabric.  I love those fabrics, I love the other ones too, but I just love the patterns on the Beau Chateau and Spice Cake.  Each flower is finished off with either a button or Antique Brad. 

They're so cute!!  I wish I could have left them lined up on my desk forever.  They were so fun to look at!!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

3 comments:

Bobbi Miller said...

Ruth, these are really adorable! I'm usually not good with material, although I LOVE material. This is a great idea... thanks for sharing!

Marcie said...

These are adorable! What size frame did you use? Are they 2x3? I can't wait to make some!
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I like the Beau Chateau since I got that one! Gorgeous!