Monday, January 9, 2012

A Forgotten Treasure!

I made this months ago, I think back in September.  It's been a long while.  Somehow though it never got posted.  Funny how that happens sometimes.  It's so cute too!!!!  So here's a great time to show it to you.  The Spice Cake fabric that I used was in the Holiday Mini but good news, it's carried over so you can still get it!!!  Yay!!!!  So what is it, besides cute!!!  It's a little mini scrapbook made from the plastic name badged holders you can get at any office supply store.  The first thing I did was cut 2 pieces of cardboard, the cardboard from the DSP packs works great.  I cut them slightly bigger than the name tag holders.  I covered them with fabric.   

Of course you'll want to embellish the outside a little :)  I made a simple flower and used our beveled window panes and a trinket key to decorate it :)  So cute!!!!!  I love using the beveled window panes on 3D projects like this.  I find them difficult to use on cards but on a project like this it's perfect!

Add your completed name tags, completed meaning your mini scrapbook pages are done.  Use your crop a dial to punch holes in the front and back cover.  The name tags already have holes, if not punch them too!  There's lots of ways you can keep your book together, ribbon, jump rings, I used a little screw, like the ones in our post albums.  I don't even know where it came from, just found it on my desk one day.  It's amazing what I find sometimes!

It's so cute, the whole thing is about 2x3 and the perfect size to put in your purse or take to a class, or perhaps on a trip to remember what you 2 children look like ;)  I kept all my pages with the same color scheme and kept them VERY simple. NO Accessories.  Paper and pictures that's it!  So stinkin' cute!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: