Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Birds of Thanks

I signed up for a card swap at Leadership.  I love doing the organized swaps because the work is usually great so I'm really excited to see what I'll get back.  The swap was big too, I had to make 43 of these.  I love them so I hope that the demonstrators that received them love them too.  I love how they came out and I'll say something I never thought I'd say, ready.... I love Riding Hood Red.....there I said it!  I'll be honest with you.  I JUST got the ink pad 2 months ago.  I never thought I'd like this red, I'm not generally a big 'red' fan....but after making 43 of these, I think Riding Hood Red has grown on me :)

I love this card but I got the inspiration for this card from Renee's blog.  She does phenomenal work.  Her blog is one that I check all the time and I just love her work!  This card was from way back in July but I saw it and saved it and knew one day I would make it, I just loved it! Other elements on this card.  I have a strip of Crumb Cake cardstock embossed and sponged behind the bird, and on the smaller Riding Hood Red cardstock I embossed the birdcage in clear embossing powder and then stamped the eggs in Riding Hood Red ink.  It's a nice tone on tone look, subtle but pretty and really adds to the card.

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: