Friday, January 27, 2012

Double Uses!

One of our make and takes at Leadership used the Scallop Border punch to make ric rack.  Well you know me I'm a punch lover and whenever you can use a punch for more that it's intended use well I'm sold!!!!!  (Not like I wasn't already sold on the border punch :)  So making ric rack is what I demoed last night at our meeting, and it's so easy!!!!  To make it you punch a strip of 1/2 inch-1 inch piece of paper, depending on how thick you want your ric rack.  Then you flip it over so the scallops are at the top, line up one of the humps from the scallop paper with the point of the punch.  So you're punching it the same way just off slightly.  I hope that makes sense.  Play with it.  I'm a big believer of once you start playing with your products you'll learn so many more things! 

There's a lot going on with the rest of the card.  I mounted the DSP on some thin cardboard then ran it through my butterfly die.  This makes the butterfly more stable on the card.  I used more DSP to make a tiny lolli then added a brad on there.  I love this card because it uses lots of our Sale a Bration products-the 3 you get in your hostess bundle!!!!  The Fresh Vintage set, the ribbon and brads, and the DSP!  It's hard to tell in the picture but I used Versa Mark and Iridecent Ice DSP to add some sparkle to my ric rack.  This card is so fun in person AND if that weren't enough-check out the ribbon!!!  You can curl it just like you would if you were wrapping a gift!  FUN!!!!!!!  Just remember to be more gentle with SU ribbon :)

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: