Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bordering On BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Did you get a chance to see the new mini catalog yet?!!!  Isn't it great.  One of the stamp sets that I LOVE is the Bordering on Romance Set.  Not only does it coordinate with the new Edgelits Dies and Embossing Folders but it has some really pretty images.  This card was partially inspired by a card in Stampin' Success (a demonstrator only magazine).  One of the only differences I made is instead of just stamping the flower in the corner I paper pieced it.  And those are little pieces to cut.  It didn't really occur to me how tiny they were until I was cutting them.  But it's all worth it, isn't it a pretty card?!

More details on the flower.  I stamped it first and embossed it in clear embossing powder then stamped it and embossed it again on Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz.  Cut everything out and stuck it on there.  The fun border was cut and embossed with our new edgelits dies and folders.  SO PRETTY!!!  Now onto the ribbon!!!!  I know I say I love ribbon alot, but this is for sure one of my all time favorite ribbons!  The Pleated Satin Ribbon is so much fun!!!  I just love it!!!!  I have lots more Leadership prep to get done today.  I'm almost done with my swaps!  Yay!!  And now I'm working on some gifts for Logan, Megan and Dan. I'm making them 1 gift for each day that I'm gone.  It's mostly for the kids, something to distract them from the fact that I'm not there :(  I'm doing gifts for Dan too, I found some really cute ideas so I HAD to do them.  The kids are just getting small toys and books, but Dan's gifts I'm making so I'll make sure to show those to you when I'm done!!!  So excited!!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ruth, this is gorgeous. And so clever to paper piece the image. Watercoloring is not my forte and I am excited to try this alternative. Thanks for the inspiration. Blessings, Diane