Featured Post

2017 Christmas Card Stamp a Stack!

It's time for my annual Christmas Card Stamp a Stack! This class is always popular and always sells out!!!!  Don't wait to sign up!...

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Owl Paper Clips


Michelle's theme for her scrapbook weekend was Owls, so boy did my owl punch get a work out!  I have lots of owl projects to inspire you, you're in for a hoot this week (lol-so sorry I had to do it!).  I made 25 of these owl topped giant paper clips.  They came out so adorable, I almost ran to Staples and pick up my own set of jumbo paper clips to make my own :)  Who am I kidding I totally did that!   
The owls are pretty simple-sorry for the dark photo :( I think someone (Logan) has been messing with my camera settings again.  I decided googlie eyes were way cute (and easier!).  His vest is just some DSP I happed to have scraps of on my desk and the little gold glimmer heart was again more scraps.  I love using up my scraps on adorable guys like this!
To finish him I just tied a little bakers twine around the paperclip.  He was done!!!  To make these  you'll need to punch 2 owl per paper clip, a front and back.  The best way I've found that they stick and stay on is hot glue.  I put a giant blog on the back owl then stick on my paper clip then my front owl.  It dries fast and secure.  SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: