Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Monday, April 6, 2015

Hello Flower


I told you I'd be back today with another post.  Last week was spring break, my sister and nieces and nephew were in town and we kept very busy!  I didn't get anything done that I intended to and now I'm really behind this week.  This week will be a busy week of catch up.  Over Lent I did a card challenge to send 40 cards, one for each day of Lent.  Sounds easy enough right?  I am the worst at actually getting cards in the mail.  But by the last day of Lent I had sent all 40 cards. WHEW!  Some of them were birthday and thank you cards but most of them were 'thinking of you' and general hello cards like todays.
I love these word framelits, but I find they're really delicate and fragile when you first take them out of the thinlit.  When I attach them to my card I either like to stack 3-4 of them to make them thicker and more sturdy or I go over the word with Crystal Effect like I did here.  After I ran it through the Big Shot, I put it through my Xyron Sticker Maker and then while it was on that sticker backing sheet I put a thin layer of Crystal Effects over it.  Let it dry completely before removing it and attaching it to your card. 
The flower is really simple.  I used 8 hearts total, I stack 2 hearts together to make each petal.  This just adds a little dimension.  I did the same with the Daffodil Delight circle in the middle and topped that with a Black Candy Dot.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: