Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Owl Money Holder


With Graduation coming up this could be just the owl project you need!  Michelle requested a money holder with a graduating owl on it, in the Raton High School Colors.  No other instructions.  Well first things first what are the colors of the Raton High School. Well to find that out I contacted my only friend with Raton connections (that I knew about anyway).  I randomly texted Kim "What are the Raton HS Colors?"  Thanks to Kim I was informed they were gold and black.  This is the final card I came up with.
It's super cute!!!  The greeting is from the Hooray It's Your Day set.  It's made to be a birthday set but this greeting works perfectly for a graduation too!!  I embossed that in gold embossing powder.  Then I took the stars from the Perpetual Birthday Set and stamped and embossed them in clear just along the bottom of the card.  The owl is simple.  Just your standard owl with a gold foil vest.  His wings are the 1 inch circle cut in half and his hat is a 1/2 inch square with a gold brad.  So cute!!
Now where do you put the money?  There's a lovely slot insided that's perfect for holding some cash (or gift cards).  The owl belly band slides right off to open the card.  To make the card I used an 8.5x7 piece of cardstock .  On the 8.5 inch side score at 3 and 6.  Fold and assemble!  Easy!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

1 comment:

Kay Jantz said...

All of these owl ideas are so cute!