Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Seas The Day

 I've mentioned before that I love silly puns, I love them even more when there's animals involved in the puns :)  Then I saw this card on Pintrest and I thought I have a crab stamp!  I can do that!  I don't know who it's for but I can do that!!!!  I thought about where I'd have the crab sitting, I went with a beach scene and made 'waves' with different colors of cardstock.  I started with Tempting Turquoise then it goes to Pool Party and the final color is Soft Sky.  They're all sponged in their coordinating color.  For the actual beach I used Crumb Cake and crumpled it up until the fiber broke down, then I carefully pulled the cardstock apart.  The inside of the cardstock is a great texture, soft and kind of suede like (obviously not the way sand feels) but I thought it looked good :)  It's really textured from all the crumpling and gives the unevenness of a sandy beach.  The greeting was stamped with the Layered Letters Alphabet.  I started with the 'Seas' on the left side and knew space wouldn't be on my side so I stamped the 'day' and then used my Project Life pen to write 'the'.  Worked out fine and is really cute! 

As for the crab, I stamped and colored him with a Real Red Marker, I had tried watercoloring him but I wasn't getting the rich red color that I wanted for him, so I finally scrapped the watercolor idea and used a marker.  I fussy cut him, and added some Crystal Effects to his eyeballs for some extra dimension.  He's attached to the beach and all is cute and adorable!  Such a fun card!!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!! 

No comments: