Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Seas The Day

 I've mentioned before that I love silly puns, I love them even more when there's animals involved in the puns :)  Then I saw this card on Pintrest and I thought I have a crab stamp!  I can do that!  I don't know who it's for but I can do that!!!!  I thought about where I'd have the crab sitting, I went with a beach scene and made 'waves' with different colors of cardstock.  I started with Tempting Turquoise then it goes to Pool Party and the final color is Soft Sky.  They're all sponged in their coordinating color.  For the actual beach I used Crumb Cake and crumpled it up until the fiber broke down, then I carefully pulled the cardstock apart.  The inside of the cardstock is a great texture, soft and kind of suede like (obviously not the way sand feels) but I thought it looked good :)  It's really textured from all the crumpling and gives the unevenness of a sandy beach.  The greeting was stamped with the Layered Letters Alphabet.  I started with the 'Seas' on the left side and knew space wouldn't be on my side so I stamped the 'day' and then used my Project Life pen to write 'the'.  Worked out fine and is really cute! 

As for the crab, I stamped and colored him with a Real Red Marker, I had tried watercoloring him but I wasn't getting the rich red color that I wanted for him, so I finally scrapped the watercolor idea and used a marker.  I fussy cut him, and added some Crystal Effects to his eyeballs for some extra dimension.  He's attached to the beach and all is cute and adorable!  Such a fun card!!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!! 

No comments: