Monday, September 7, 2015

Bold Butterflies


I think we all have our favorite colors or color groups, I know for me I'm drawn to the Brights the most and I use the Regals the least.  Then I make a card like this and I'm reminded how much I love the Brights.  This card is super simple, especially with the beautiful Watercolor Wings set.  It's so fun and easy to get gorgeous butterflies!  After I made this card I knew it had to have a coordinating envelope!  So I stamped the base of the butterfly on a Daffodil Delight envelope, then I clear embossed the details on the butterfly.  So pretty!!!! 

For the card I used five colors from the Brights group:  Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive.  The butterflies are all stamped the same, the base of the butterfly is inked up and stamped off on some scratch paper first, so that I get a lighter shade on my card.  Then I stamp the details directly over that in the full strength of the ink for a bold, bright look!  I started with the Bermuda Bay Butterfly then added the smaller ones around it.  The final touch was the greeting, I cut it out using Black Glimmer paper and the Greetings Thinlits from the Annual Catalog.  I love this card sooooo much it's so pretty!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: