Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Candy Corn Treat Bags

I love giving little gifts to my guests who take time to attend my classes.  These were the super cute treat bags everyone received at my class a couple weeks ago.  They're too cute!!!  Of course this isn't my idea, I saw this idea demoed at convention on one of their live streams to demonstrators.  I loved the idea and I added a few packages of these Sketched Dots Tag a Bag Gift Bags.  They're so easy to make too!  I used some post it notes to help mask off the areas so I got nice straight lines, so once the areas that I didn't want ink on were covered I just took the whole ink pad and pulled it across the bag. Have a few tissues or paper towels handy to wipe off any ink on the surface.  Not all the ink will be absorbed into the bags and you don't want to get ink all over just by picking them up.  So I used the tissues and 'buffed' the area.  The bags are already white so to do candy corn you only need 2 ink colors, I used Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie.   
I added a clothespin to the top of the bags and that didn't look complete enough so I used some circle punches and made a quick, scary, spider!  Logan said it looked strange because it only had 4 legs....the other 4 are under him and he was a last minute addition...like the night before the class I was making them :)  But it's so super cute I'm glad I took the time to make them!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: