Friday, September 11, 2015

Awesome Blossom

OMG! I think Stampin' Up! needs to name a stamp set Awesome Blossom!  Isn't that the cutest name!!!?!?  Isn't this card the cutest?!?!  I love it.  I was inspired by this card that I found on Pintrest.  I loved that it was partially cut, I'll show you how to do that in a minute.  I used Melon Mambo and Rose Red for my flower.  Then I used Old Olive and Always Artichoke for the leaves. I have lots of techniques on this card, there's partial die cutting and masking, lots going on!  Of course no card is complete without a little Glimmer Paper---seriously I may need a 12 step program for the glimmer paper usage :)   
I also added some sequins scattered 'randomly' on my card.  I say 'randomly' but you and I know there was strategic placement going on with those.  I used the new Fine Tip Glue Pen in the Holiday Catalog to hold them down.  I really like using the glue for those small embellishments!  I also added some more Gold Glimmer Paper to the center of the flower and then topped that with a Rhinestone that I colored with a black sharpie marker. 
So how did I just cut part of that flower???  I started by stamping my flower from the Flower Patch set, then I used a ruler and drew a light pencil line where I wanted the cardstock cut, this also helped line up the top cutting plate so it was nice and straight.  I got out the coordinating Flower Fair Framelits and line up my framelit.  Even though I'm using the magnetic platform I used some washi tape to hold it in place.  To get it to partially die cut you only put the top plate where you want it to cut. In the picture I have it hanging off the edge quite a bit, you don't have to do that.  But the framelit will only cut where the 2 plates are, once the top plate ended it no longer cut that framelit.  You can see it only cut that portion.
Before I finished trimming my cardstock I wanted to stamp my leaves, while I had the big shot and framelit out I cut another whole flower from a post it note.  This masked off my flower so that I could stamp the leaves and they would appear to be behind the flower.  After the leaves were stamped.  I put the white piece in my paper cutter and lined up that pencil line and cut up to the flower, lifted up the blade and cut the other side of the flower.  Then you get that nice straight edge with the flower partially cut around it.  So cute!!!!
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: