Tuesday, March 17, 2015

MDS News

Today Stampin' Up! announced that they would no longer continue supporting My Digital Studio. 
I'm going to start by telling you that this has really been hard for me to deal with.  I'm truly, truly heartbroken over this news.  I found out Monday afternoon, SU sent an email to 'leaders' and broke the news.  It was then officially announced this morning.  I'm not gonna lie, yesterday there were tears.  I've done soooo much with MDS, I've printed many family albums that we cherish.  Our Christmas cards are done every year in MDS, I use it to print thank you cards for the gallery I run.  It's such an huge part of my life, I'm not doing well dealing with this news. 

So if you have MDS what does it mean for you?

-Stampin' Up! will continue to support it until May 31, 2015.  That means if there's any downloads you've been waiting to get.  If you haven't downloaded all the ones you've bought.  If you need something printed don't wait!  Do it NOW!  After May 31, 2015 you will no longer be able to purchase downloads, to access your downloads or print projects.

-You will be able to use MDS after May 31 but you'll have to find another place that will print.  If anyone knows of places that print albums and cards please let me know.  I did a little research yesterday and the only places I found that printed albums were albums that I couldn't design, it was a 'plug in the picture on our premade page' kind of thing.  So I'm in the market for a vendor to print albums, and cards, fronts backs and inside, not just the cover.  Comment or send me an email if you know of a place that will do that. 

-You'll want to back up your downloads, projects etc.  I'm going to get an external hard drive to store it all on.  If your computer crashes or you have to get a new one the only way you'll have access to MDS and all your downloads is if it's on an external hard drive.

Again, I'm really heartbroken about this news.  This is a line that even if they took a step back I never thought they'd get rid of all together.  If you're upset about this.  I encourage you to call Stampin' Up! and let them know! I plan to do that, just as soon as I can get my thoughts together. 

I'll be back tomorrow with more cards from my class.

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I've never printed cards anywhere other than through SU, but I have been successful printing books with a couple of other companies. I just designed the full pages in MDS and exported the pages as hi-res individual jpgs (as high as MDS allows) and then used a book template that allowed a single full-bleed photo per page. I've done this for wall calendars too. Most companies (like Snapfish) give you this option to switch photo size and layout, it just takes a little finessing.

Anonymous said...

Check out the forum on mydigitalstudio.net. Good suggestions. There's another company called mymemories.com that has a similar program to MDS, and you can transfer all your digital downloads to use w/ their software. They have offered all MDS users a discount to purchase their latest software (similar to the old version of MDS, before they "stripped it down.") They offer printing too.

kim said...

I bought MDS and downloads, but I never used them, thinking that now that I'm retired, I can finally learn and use it!! I'm not happy that they won't support it any more.