Thursday, March 26, 2015

Beautiful Butterfly


I'm taking a small break from punch art today and tomorrow and I'll share some of the actual 'stamped' cards I made.  I love this butterfly, sometimes I have trouble finding ways to use it though.  It's really large, and sometimes I find larger stamps challenging.  They take up so much of the card that there's not much room to add embellishments.  When I saw this on Pintrest I thought it was a brilliant idea!  It makes the butterfly look like it's flying and it's a new creative way to use this set!  I stamped the butterfly twice and colored and cut out the same side of each butterfly.
I used my Blendabilities to color the butterfly, but this butterfly image is so forgiving you could color it with almost anything or even just embossed in gold or silver would be gorgeous!!!!  I did emboss the greeting on some vellum.  I love this technique!  The flower was simple to make I used 4 (I think) scallop circles.  Fold them all in half then glue them together and it fans out like a 3D flower.  So pretty!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Louise W. said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing.