Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Logan's Falcon


We're moving on from yesterday's post, I still have lots of cards to share with you from Scrapbook Weekend.  I haven't even shared my favorite ones yet!  Before I left I asked each of my children what animal they wanted me to try to make.  Logan wanted a falcon....thanks Logan..... :/ I find birds to be difficult to do in punch art, even with sponging it's hard to get the depth and perception of feathers.  Feathers are a look all their own and it's hard to achieve that look on paper.  So I try not to do a lot of birds.  When I do punch art I tend to google cartoon pictures of the animal I want to do.  They're going to look more cartoonish when they're completed so I start there.  There's not a whole lot of falcon cartoons.  There's a lot of falcons for mascots.  So I didn't have a whole lot to go on.  I kind of just did it the way I thought a cartoon falcon would look like. 
  In the end Logan liked it and so did I so that's all that matters.  He is pretty cute, maybe more eagle-ish but they're both birds of prey, in the same family so close enough :)  Here's the punches I used: Wings and Body-XL Oval, Head-1 1/4" Circle, Eye-1/2" and 3/8" Circle, Beak-Large oval, Feet-Boho Blossom, Leaves-5 Petal Flower (retired).  I'll share the animal Megan picked tomorrow! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: