Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Logan's Falcon


We're moving on from yesterday's post, I still have lots of cards to share with you from Scrapbook Weekend.  I haven't even shared my favorite ones yet!  Before I left I asked each of my children what animal they wanted me to try to make.  Logan wanted a falcon....thanks Logan..... :/ I find birds to be difficult to do in punch art, even with sponging it's hard to get the depth and perception of feathers.  Feathers are a look all their own and it's hard to achieve that look on paper.  So I try not to do a lot of birds.  When I do punch art I tend to google cartoon pictures of the animal I want to do.  They're going to look more cartoonish when they're completed so I start there.  There's not a whole lot of falcon cartoons.  There's a lot of falcons for mascots.  So I didn't have a whole lot to go on.  I kind of just did it the way I thought a cartoon falcon would look like. 
  In the end Logan liked it and so did I so that's all that matters.  He is pretty cute, maybe more eagle-ish but they're both birds of prey, in the same family so close enough :)  Here's the punches I used: Wings and Body-XL Oval, Head-1 1/4" Circle, Eye-1/2" and 3/8" Circle, Beak-Large oval, Feet-Boho Blossom, Leaves-5 Petal Flower (retired).  I'll share the animal Megan picked tomorrow! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: