Thursday, March 5, 2015

City Jars


Finally the last project that I made for Michelle's weekend.  These were super cute.  I'm so pleased with how they came out!  I used baby food jars and dyed some Modge Podge Melon Mambo with some reinkers.  Then I painted the inside with the beautiful pink mixture!  Once that was dry I added some city skyscapes.  It's from a die that I found on ebay.  While super cute, they took a LONG time to cut.  I could only do one at a time and I needed about 1 1/2 per jar x 25 jars......long time.  But I really didn't mind :)  I used Modge Podge, this time in clear to put the cities on the outside.
Finally I added glitter, lots of Dazzling Diamonds around the top of each jar.  So so so sparkly!!!  I love it!!!  I did end up with glitter all over the table I was working on but that's ok, it's just some extra sparkle!!!!  Dan was not so pleased :)  At the weekend Michelle put a battery operated tea light candle in it.  So cute!!!!  Tomorrow I'll have a full recap of the weekend, and beginning Monday I'll be sharing all the projects I made :) 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: