Featured Post

Stamp Camp #1

My new Catalog Stamp Camp was last weekend and it was a blast as it always is.  We kicked it off with our HUGE retired stamp set sale then ...

Monday, March 30, 2015

Love You More Than Chocolate


We're down to the final 5 projects from Scrapbook weekend and honestly these are my top 5 favorites....maybe ever!  I love them all so much and I really couldn't decide which order to put them in.  Just know that these 5 over the next 5 days are my all time favorite!  The first is the sweet candy bar, don't you love it!?!  When I saw this greeting from the stamp set Lovely Amazing You (it's one of the Photopolymer releases), I knew I was making a candy bar.  I didn't know it would be this elaborate though :)  There's probably a whole package of dimensionals holding this card together but that's a story for a different day ;)
I started with the squares for the chocolate.  The larger ones are 1"x1" then they're layered with a smaller 3/4"x3/4" square, all sponged in coordinating Chocolate Chip ink all attached with dimensionals.  For the wrapper I adhered some silver foil paper and some DSP back to back then I tore and crinkled it up like a candy bar.  This too is attached with dimensionals....many of them..... :)  Finally for the greeting I wanted a white greeting, in my opinion the best way to get a crisp white greeting is embossing, plus I love embossing.  This too is attached with dimensionals.  This card is really thick and would probably need a padded envelope to mail it, but it's oh so cute!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

2 comments:

Retired Librarian said...

I thought at first that was a real chocolate bar!

Yapha said...

I love this card! I hope you don't mind that I am CASEing it for a Valentine. I will give you credit of course. And maybe use less dimensionals... :)