Thursday, March 12, 2015

Painted Petals Watercolored

I thought I'd take a break from the punch art for today and share another card I made at scrapbook weekend.  This one is pretty simple, but it's so pretty!!!  You'll be surprised how easy and quick it comes together too.  This card was inspired by a card that Shelli Gardner (CEO and Co Founder of Stampin' Up!) demonstrated at this years Leadership conference.  I thought she had posted it on her blog but I couldn't find it :(  I thought the look was so pretty and wanted to make my own.  You need stamps, ink, watercolor paper and a water spritzer.  That's it!!! 
I stamped my flowers in Blackberry Bliss and Old Olive ink on watercolor paper.  Then I used a spritz bottle (you could use any water bottle).  Gently spray your stamped images.  You want to spray them enough that the color will run, but not too much that it washes your color out completely.  Once you've achieved the look you want you can let the paper dry on it's own or speed it up with a heat tool.  I added my greeting and embossed it with some black-glitter embossing powder (mix 2 parts black embossing powder and 1 part Dazzling Diamonds glitter).  The sparkle is so pretty!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: