Wednesday, August 18, 2021

You Inspire Me Colored Pencils

With kids headed back to school and school supplies in spades in the stores and in my home I had this idea for a card with colored pencils.  I think it came out really cute!! It's fun when things work out as you hope! To make the pencils I used the smallest triangle in the Stitched Triangle Dies for the tip.  The rest of the pencil is trimmed card stock pieces to about 3/8" in Very Vanilla for the wood of the pencils and the coordinating colors of the tips of the pencils.  Check my supply list below for all the colors I used.  To make the pencils look freshly sharpened I cut the colored pieces with the zig zag border die from the Basic Borders Dies.  Before adhering them together, I wanted to give the vanilla a little more depth, so I used my Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends and added color along the sides and blended it towards the center with my Color Lifter Stampin' Blends. 

Before adhering the assembled pencils to the card I used my Brick and Mortar Folder to add texture to the Basic White piece.  The greeting, which I think is perfect for this card, is from the Delicate Dahlias Sale-a-Bration Set.  Earn this stamp set free with a $100 order in August and September.  The greeting is cut out with the Floral Gallery Dies.  To embellish my card I added a little tag that was made with the Ornate Tags and Give It A Whirl Dies.  I pulled out all the dies for this card!  Finally to finish it, I added some sequins from the Expressions In Ink Ephemera Pack.  These are like iridescent and just blend beautifully with all the colors.  Such a cute card!  Well worth all the work!!!  I LOVE it!!!  What a great card to share with a teacher you admire!  I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.  


Shop my Online Store.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

Supplies:



No comments: