Thursday, August 12, 2021

Coolest Friend Penguin Tapered End Box-VIDEO

Today's box is one of my favorites!!!  First it's a really adorable box!  Second it uses one of my favorite bundles the Penguin Place Bundle.  Oh. My. Gravy this penguin is soooooo cute!  If you haven't added this bundle to your wish list please do!  It's the best!!!  I wanted to make a tapered end box, so I started to work out a couple mock ups.  I was loving it the look of them so I got to work on a project.  

stampin up, penguin place bundle

The box is actually pretty easy to make and just over the weekend I made about 18 of them, so making these in mass quantities is a breeze!  There's zero trimming on this box so it's just scoring and gluing!  I love that!  

stampin up, penguin place

For my cutie penguins, I punched their bodies out of the Ombre Specialty Paper.  This paper is gorgeous and glittery and perfect for penguins!  I also punched the feet out of the same paper.  The white piece is punched out of our Basic White and I stamped the eyes and beak.  Assemble the whole thing together!  For his iceberg, I die cut two of the same size label from the Seasonal Labels Dies.  On one of them I ran it back through the Cut and Emboss Machine with the Basic Borders Dies to give our penguin buddy a little icy hill to sit on. I used my Blending Brushes and Pool Party Ink to add some shading to the edges of all the pieces.  Finally the greeting is stamped in Gorgeous Grape ink on Basic White, then trimmed close to the greeting.  

stampin up, penguin place

Add the DSP and tie your box closed with some ribbon.  I used the new Pool Party Striped ribbon.  LOVE!!!  I did adhere one of the sides closed but left one side open so that the box doesn't have to be destroyed to get the treat.  Finish by adding your penguin label.  Look how stinkin' cute he is!!! In the box is a Reeses.  Not specifically penguin related but still so yummy!!!  

stampin up, penguin place

I have a graphic (not to scale) below to indicate where to score.  There are a couple diagonal and partial score lines which can get a little tricky.  

5 ½” x 7” Cardstock

Score short side at ¾”, 1 ½”, 4” & 4 ¾”

Score long side at ½”, 1 ¼”, 3 ¾” & 4 ½”

Mark long side to first horizontal score line at 7/8” and 4 1/8”

Flip and repeat

Score diagonally from marked lines to second horizontal score line.

DSP 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”, 2 ¼” x ½” (two pieces)

Check out my video for all the details on this box.  I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for all of these products in my Online Store.  



Shop my Online Store.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

Supplies:
other: 1/4" Hole Punch




No comments: