Monday, May 19, 2014

My Last Class....

...with this catalog anyway :)  I'm so excited to do so many classes with the new 2014-2015 Catalog.  I finally got it spiral bound, normally I do it the day after I receive it but life has been a little extra busy so I haven't had time.  After a couple cliches it's done and I can finally sit down and go through it and mark it all up!  I did have a class over the weekend, it was so much fun as usual.  I always give a little gift to my guests.  This month I made these sweet hexagon boxes.
The idea was CASED from none other than Sam.  Her box is here.  I did modify my box a tiny bit.  Her box is slightly smaller and uses a piece of paper that 5 3/4 x 4.  My box is just a tad bigger and uses a piece of paper that's 6 1/2 x 4 1/2.  WHY???  Because that's the size of paper the Fresh Prints DSP Stack is, and well I'm lazy and didn't want to trim it so I did some math and figured out how I could manage it with the size of the DSP, no trimming :)  
Assembly of my box is exactly the same as Sam does it in her video.  I encourage you to watch it :)  Here's my dimensions if you want to make the larger one.  Start with a 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 piece of DSP.  On the long side score at: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (super easy right!).  On the short side score at: 1 and 3 1/4.  That's it!  I filled my boxes with chocolate and used some ribbon to tie them closed.  The ribbon isn't necessary but it's a cute addition.  By the way I adore the DSP and I'm so so so so so so so sad it's leaving in just a couple weeks :(  If you haven't already picked up a stack or two or seven make sure you do before it's gone.  It's my favorite!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

3 comments:

TerryficCards said...

such cute boxes

Anonymous said...

Super cute boxes. What is the website with the video that shows the assembly of the box?

Ruth Norton said...

Sorry I thought the link was there. The blog post has been updated with the link. You can also find it here http://pootles.co.uk/2014/03/03/stampin-up-uk-hexagon-tea-light-box-tutorial/