Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Monday, May 19, 2014

My Last Class....

...with this catalog anyway :)  I'm so excited to do so many classes with the new 2014-2015 Catalog.  I finally got it spiral bound, normally I do it the day after I receive it but life has been a little extra busy so I haven't had time.  After a couple cliches it's done and I can finally sit down and go through it and mark it all up!  I did have a class over the weekend, it was so much fun as usual.  I always give a little gift to my guests.  This month I made these sweet hexagon boxes.
The idea was CASED from none other than Sam.  Her box is here.  I did modify my box a tiny bit.  Her box is slightly smaller and uses a piece of paper that 5 3/4 x 4.  My box is just a tad bigger and uses a piece of paper that's 6 1/2 x 4 1/2.  WHY???  Because that's the size of paper the Fresh Prints DSP Stack is, and well I'm lazy and didn't want to trim it so I did some math and figured out how I could manage it with the size of the DSP, no trimming :)  
Assembly of my box is exactly the same as Sam does it in her video.  I encourage you to watch it :)  Here's my dimensions if you want to make the larger one.  Start with a 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 piece of DSP.  On the long side score at: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (super easy right!).  On the short side score at: 1 and 3 1/4.  That's it!  I filled my boxes with chocolate and used some ribbon to tie them closed.  The ribbon isn't necessary but it's a cute addition.  By the way I adore the DSP and I'm so so so so so so so sad it's leaving in just a couple weeks :(  If you haven't already picked up a stack or two or seven make sure you do before it's gone.  It's my favorite!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

3 comments:

TerryficCards said...

such cute boxes

Anonymous said...

Super cute boxes. What is the website with the video that shows the assembly of the box?

Ruth Norton said...

Sorry I thought the link was there. The blog post has been updated with the link. You can also find it here http://pootles.co.uk/2014/03/03/stampin-up-uk-hexagon-tea-light-box-tutorial/