Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Box Of Cards


I have the most adorable box!  This box is for a special young lady that I know that will be graduating college then joining the Peace Corp and moving to Africa to teach.  While she was gone I thought that she might enjoy some fun cards to keep in touch with family and friends, we'll get to the cards in a minute.  Of course the cards MUST be packaged in an adorable box, it's a requirement.
I finished the cards and was planning on working on the box the next day.  As luck would have it Sam posted this box on her blog that very day.  I wasn't sure if the box would hold the cards, by the way I used Stampin' Up!'s Whisper White Notecards :)  I whipped up a box with some scrap paper really fast just to get the size of it.  THE. CARDS. FIT. PERFECTLY!!!!! 
The box is made with the Envelope Punch Board-I LOVE THAT TOOL!!!  Twelve cards and envelopes fit neatly inside!!!  I won't go into details on the box or dimensions, Sam does that on her post, check it out
Now I honestly don't know what rules, requirements or regulations there is for mail coming and going from Africa.  I'm hoping she'll be able to use these.  There are minimal layers and no accessories.  They lay flat and can be mailed easily.  I made four each of the three designs.  This is such a sweet image! 
I used the 2013-2015 In Colors, I was using that DSP and wanted to keep the colors all in that group.  I used blender pens and ink pads to color all the images.  I love the stacked birds here!!    
I'm not sure which is my favorite, I love them all.  I hope she loves them too!!  Especially this mailbox one.  I like that the unevenness of the coloring, I think it makes the mailbox look ages and worn.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: