Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I'm A Little Teapot.....

Are you singing the song now?  Yesterday I shared the make and take from our meeting.  Today is the demo I did.  LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!  This card is so stinkin' adorable!!  Here's where I got the inspiration.  It looks so complicated but It's so easy to make and you'll make a gazillion of them once you do one!!  It's all done with the Clear Oval Accent Die.
Please check out her blog as she gives more details than I'm going to give on the in's and out's of making this sweet tea pot.  In the meantime, I'll share a couple details about my card.  The DSP I used is the Retro Fresh for the Bermuda Bay part and the pink is the Strawberry Slush DSP from the 2013-2015 DSP Stack.  I wanted to keep with the polka dots and I had some Strawberry Slush DSP on my desk.  Fortunately for me it coordinated well :)  The flower is punched with the Pansy and Petite Petals punches.  Modeled after a flower I saw on Sam's box a little while ago.  I used a button and since I have a problem with naked buttons I also used a Bermuda Bay Candy Dot in the center. 
Of course inside the tea pot is tea.  When I made this I didn't have any 'pretty' tea bags.  Meaning the ones I had didn't coordinate with the Bermuda Bay :)  So I packed up some loose tea I had.  This happens to be Summer's Bounty Tea from the St. James Tea Room, my favorite place in the whole world!  Any tea bag should fit in this tea pot.  It's a pretty snug fit for this 'homemade' tea bag :) I hope you love this as much as I do!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: